Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Favorite Chocolate-Chip Cookies

One of my friends brought a plate of these cookies to some event or other.  We all praised her baking and she let us know that her husband had made them.  We have since designated Bob the Official Baker for all our events.  (I don't think he minds.  He feeds us cookies; we feed his ego.  Everyone's happy.)

Big Brother likes these cookies so much that he once told me that he'd be willing to steal Bob's recipe box so I could get the recipe.  Bob thought that was funny and offered me the recipe.  No one had to break into Bob's kitchen to get it.


These are a little different from your everyday chocolate-chip cookies since there's a touch of cinnamon in them.  They're delicious--and addictive.  Here's the recipe:

BOB'S CHOCOLATE-CHIP COOKIES

3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened (in summer 15 minutes at room temp is plenty.  Do not melt or heat the butter)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I've been known to add up to 2 tsp)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 package chocolate chips, whatever kind you like best (I like mini chips in these, but any kind works)

Cream butter, sugars, vanilla and egg with electric mixer until light and fluffy.  Add dry ingredients, excluding chips.  Stir in chips by hand or use the mixer on very low speed.  If dough is very soft, chill for a little while before baking to make it easier to handle.

Roll 1 tsp-sized balls and place on baking sheet.  Bake 9 minutes at 375.  Cool on a wire rack.  Makes 6 to 7 dozen.


3 comments:

  1. That cinnamon sounds like a great way to pep up chocolate chip cookies. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invitation, Lisa! Sounds like fun! And all those sweet treats...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost your email on accident, could you send it to me again so I can get it over to chirpy?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...