Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Works-for-Me Wednesday: Roaster Ovens


I don't ordinarily use this space for product recommendations, but this one is worth it. And this is a totally unsolitited and unpaid opinion.

My favorite kitchen appliances are my Nesco roasters. I have collected a whole family of them. They are certainly workhorses in my kitchen, especially in the summertime.



Why are they so great in the summer? Because on a hot day like today, I can make a casserole without heating up my kitchen! I can take them out to the back porch and cook out there if I want to. I can make a batch of spaghetti sauce or chili and let it simmer all afternoon. I can roast a chicken, using the convection feature to get it nice and brown on the outside and juicy on the inside.

When we have parties or large family dinners, I use the Nescos to keep the food at a safe temperature without drying it out. They're great in a buffet line.

These roasters are well-made and the customer service from the manufacturer can't be beat. There's also a terrific Yahoo group dedicated to recipes and tips for these roaster ovens.

Visit the home of Works-for-Me Wednesday for more great tips!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for reminding me to take my roaster out of the closet and use it this summer! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip - I have like every kitchen gadget in the world, except this one. Wonder what I'm getting for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear old A/C is about to give up the ghost, and I'm trying to help it hobble through summer by not using the oven.

    I definitely need to get looking for one of these guys, so I can keep my house as cool as possible.

    Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen these but had no idea they were so useful! Definitely have to look into it. I like the idea of being able to roast something in the hot summer--I'm thinking sliced roast beef sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've often wondered if I would use a Nesco very often. Now that you mention the possibilities, I probably would. I use my crockpot all the time during the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister loves hers. I will have to tell her about the recipes and tips site! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...