Saturday, October 19, 2013

Stuffed and Unstuffed Chocolate-Chip Cookies

Whether your tastes lean toward the super-sweet, the sweet-and-salty, or the traditional, these chocolate-chip cookies are for you! I started out with a basic recipe from Amanda's Cookin' but made a few changes in the prep so the cookies could be stuffed. You can stuff a cookie with all kinds of things, like caramels, pretzels, and mini Oreos. I like to use small items to stuff cookies, so that the cookies themselves don't get TOO big.

My younger son's friend requested a batch of my Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate-Chip Cookies for his birthday, but he wanted a softer cookie. I think this recipe did the trick. After I'd baked 3 pans of cookies stuffed with mini Oreos, I decided to try adding peanut-butter-filled pretzels to a different batch. These new filled pretzels from Utz were just the right size--and they kept their crunchy, salty texture even after baking. Finally, I baked a pan of just plain cookies.

Get the whole recipe with photos and nutrition facts at Cook and Count!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...