Sunday, January 16, 2011

Involving Kids in the Menu Plan

I don't generally ask my kids what they'll want to eat for dinner in the coming week, figuring that if I'm the one cooking it (and usually cleaning up) then I'm the one who gets to choose the menu.

But as I got Little Brother's breakfast ready this morning, I asked him what he might like to have for dinner this week.

"McDonald's!" he replied, which is yet another reason I don't much involve my kids in menu planning.

When I informed him that his choices were limited to things I could prepare here, he suggested that I make "that chicken that we used to have. The kind that Dad likes."

Pressed for more details, I was told, "It's tan, and it has spices."

Yeah, that narrows it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...