Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lunchtime Tuna Mac


Finding packable lunch dishes that Middle Sister is willing to eat has become a real challenge. I hope I've found a winner with this one.

This was a truly frugal dish--all the vegetables were already in the fridge, left over from other meals. We used up the last of the mayo in the jar, and the pasta was left over from dinner. This way, nothing got wasted.

LUNCHTIME TUNA MAC

1 can chunk light tuna, mixed with 1 TBL mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups cooked pasta (I used mini fusilli)
2 or 3 TBL mayonnaise
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 TBL milk
1 baby carrot, minced
3 bell pepper strips, minced
1 tbl onion, minced (NOT dry minced onion)

Mix it all together and refrigerate overnight. I divided it into 2 lunch portions immediately, so the morning lunchbag packing will be really easy.

1 comment:

  1. I wish that my kids would eat tuna salad! It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...