Saturday, May 16, 2009

Home Cookin'


...like MY mom and grandmoms never used to make. You see, we're Yankees.

If you're a Yankee like me who is smitten with the Mitford series by Jan Karon, you might enjoy the Mitford Cookbook, which my mom found today at Borders bookstore, marked down to $3.99! This is a $30 cookbook, folks!

The actual title is Jan Karon's Mitford Cookbook & Kitchen Reader. It's got recipes (4 for cornbread alone!) and little excerpts from books. The recipes are organized by which Mitford novel mentions them, and there's a handy index in the back if you want to find your recipes some other way.

This is a reader's cookbook, not just a book of formulas. There are tips, stories of Karon's own family traditions, and more.

I'll be savoring this one.

4 comments:

  1. It's funny, it must be cookbook review week! I just did one and I just saw one on another blog today. I love cookbooks!

    I went to the library yesterday and checked out 7 different bread baking books LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Mitford Series and felt like there had been a death in the family when she quit writing them. I bought the cookbook as much as a scrapbook of my favorite moments in Mitford as I did for the recipes, but having said that, the recipes are wonderful! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to look this one up, Barb. Once a Yankee, always a Yankee..no matter where we live! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be sure to let us know if you find any keepers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...