Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ranch Salad Dressing Mix

My Southwestern Chili Mac recipe calls for a teaspoon of ranch salad dressing mix. That's not the kind of thing I keep in the house, but I didn't have to run to the store to make that dinner! It's really easy to make this mix and keep it at home.

In an 8-ounce or larger jar (I used an old bottle from parsley flakes), combine:

1/2 cup dry buttermilk powder
1 TBL dried parsley flakes
1 tsp dill weed
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper

Put the lid on and shake well to mix. Store in the refrigerator.

1 tablespoon = 1 packet of mix.

I love to keep seasoning mixes around, and this way I can control the seasonings. I used extra garlic powder and pepper since that's the way we like it. It's much more frugal to mix up a seasoning blend than to keep buying a new one, especially when I have many spices around to play with!

Recipe source

2 comments:

  1. This is a very handy recipe!

    I've been thinking about you and your family the last few days and hoping that you're ok from all of the flooding and storm damage that's happened in NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tami! We're absolutely fine--but houses only a block away had a foot of water in their basement. That's what a 20-inch change in elevation can do...we are very lucky to live "on top of a hill" which, as hills go, is not much, but it was ENOUGH.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...