Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spices: Rack 'Em Up!

I don't have a spice rack in my kitchen. For one thing, there's no counter space to put one (though I have considered a wall-mounted one, and that's not out of the question.)

For now, I've got them in dollar-store baskets in the cabinets.


I tied index cards to the baskets so I can see at a glance what spices are in which basket. That saves a lot of time when I'm gathering stuff up to cook. I don't even have them all in the same cabinet, but I think I'm going to rework that so that they're all together. (As long as I don't move my husband's coffee, no one around here cares where I put stuff in the kitchen).

I do have a couple of big containers (parsley, oregano, basil and cinnamon) on other shelves because they're too large for those baskets.

It's not the prettiest solution, but it works for now. Where do you keep your spices?

3 comments:

  1. I have an over the door spice rack perfect since I have very limited space...http://jayashiangel.blogspot.com/2009/09/photobucket_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use similar baskets, only mine are the shallow ones from the dollar store. I also use 3/4-inch round stickers on top to identify each spice so I don't have to pull them out to find the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, stickers on the top is a smart idea. I'll have to do that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...