Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Easily Pleased


I stopped at Sam's Club today to buy my industrial-size sack of bread flour, brick-pack of yeast, giant jar of garlic, tub-o-dried minced onion, super-size box of Goldfish (you're never too old for Goldfish) and paper cups for the bathroom.

And as I wandered my way toward the checkout (why is all the food all the way in the back of the store?) I found a display of 5-piece knife sets. Well, actually, 4 knives and one block. But whatever. It looks just like the one in the picture, except it doesn't have that fancy-schmancy doodad with Wolfgang Puck's signature on it.

I figured I'd use them for chopping vegetables, but discovered tonight that a good santoku knife can slice through a roast beef like nobody's business. And woohoo, I only paid $21.32 for the set!

I'm easily pleased. Let the chopping begin.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that someone has found a great knife set that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

    Happy chopping!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...