Monday, June 13, 2011

Secret Recipe Club: Shrimp Tacos

I could get carried away trying new desserts, thanks to the Secret Recipe Club, but I decided that when possible I'd make a new-to-me main dish recipe instead. We don't eat dessert very often (except for ice cream) and we do eat dinner every single night.

This recipe turned out to be great for those nights when it's just too hot to cook--because there's only 5 minutes of cook time involved!

My assigned blog this month was Every Little Thing. This blog emphasizes the use of fresh ingredients, and it's full of photos that will make you drool!  Stacy's recipe for Shrimp Tacos was truly simple to make and everybody here loved it! In fact, we had it twice in two weeks--by popular demand :)

I doubled the original shrimp recipe to feed my crew and used a different salsa recipe, so here it is as I made it:

SHRIMP TACOS

Get the recipe and nutrition facts at Cook and Count.


MY OWN PICO DE GALLO

Get the recipe and nutrition facts at Cook and Count.



Join the club! It's lots of fun. And visit the other participating Secret Recipe Club blogs:

23 comments:

  1. woohoo, glad you enjoyed it! it was such a perfect spring meal. now that it's summer, i want to enjoy it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had shrimp tacos! I just can't get past the texture combination for some reason. But the filling sounds good:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of that homemade salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think shrimp tacos are one of man's greatest accomplishments. I have a recipe for them too that starts by marinating in a vinegar liquid that has the same spices you used here, so I can just *taste* them. They're such a great Summer dinner. So happy to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking tacos! I agree with Amber, shrimp tacos are one of man's greatest accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regular Tacos Yes, Fish Tacos Yes, Shrimp Tacos= I've never had but need to try!!Found this through the The Secret Recipe Club blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look easy and delicious; the perfect meal in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No cook meals are always great when it's hot. Glad these were a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I have never had a shrimp taco before but it sure does look delicious! Great pick from the SRC :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, shrimp tacos are so good! Love this recipe, it looks really delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any recipe with seafood in it makes me giddy. I love shrimp tacos and homemade salsa. These tacos look delicious. Taco night is the best for a quick weeknight meal. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by! I love any sort of sea food taco, and your shrimp tacos look fabulous! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fresh salsa looks amazing. I am your newest follower. Hope you will follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum! I love seafood tacos - and your pico de gallo sounds quite delicious, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shrimp tacos with the pico sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delicious, fresh ingredients! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have had shrimp tacos on the brain for some time now - thanks for giving me the shove - and the recipe - to add these to my list to make soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love, love, love shrimp tacos! Great recipe choice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those sound positively delectable. I love shrimp in any venue.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love fish tacos but I have never made them with shrimp. And shrimp is one of my favorites. I'll be trying these tacos this Summer for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loooove shrimp tacos but I've never made them at home before. It seems like I'm missing out. Definitely have to try these, with your pico de gallo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mmm, shrimp tacos are my favorite! Your pico looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been bookmarking a ton of these secret recipes. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...