Saturday, February 12, 2011

Super Pizza Bites

On Super Bowl Sunday, we tried Tami's recipe for Pizza Bites.



I changed it up a bit, since I don't have refrigerated pizza dough around. I also added pepperoni to some. Here's how I made them:

DOUGH:
1 cup water
1 1/2 tbl butter or olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 cups bread flour
2 1/2 tsp yeast

Place in the bread machine and use the dough cycle. At the end of the cycle, remove the dough to a floured surface. Allow it to rest 10 minutes before rolling it out into a large rectangle.


Cut the dough into squares (I got about 28 squares out of this batch of dough) and put a slice of pepperoni on each. Top with a bit of shredded cheese. Tami used sliced mozzarella sticks, which was a good idea. In the future I think I will just buy a block of mozzarella and cut it into small cubes. Pick up each square and "bundle it up" so that the seams are all closed. Place seam-side down into an oiled cake pan.

TOPPING:
2 TBL melted butter
1 TBL Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder

Brush butter over tops of the pizza bites. Sprinkle seasoning and garlic on top.

Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Pizza bites should be lightly brown.

Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.

1 comment:

  1. I have to make these again soon. Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...