Friday, July 20, 2007

Sports Parent Survival Meals

AKA: How to use your crockpot/slow cooker/Nesco roaster to your best advantage.
AKA: How to serve your family a home-cooked meal when the game/practice/rehearsal/lesson cuts into your prep and/or dinnertime.

In no particular order, and with links to follow later. CP=crockpot/slow cooker/Nesco.
With any of these, just add salad and you're ready to go!
Chili (CP)
Chicken Chili Blanco (CP)
Fried Rice (just get all the prep done ahead of time)
Taco Skillet
Turkey Club Sandwiches
Meatball Sandwiches (CP)
Hot beef or hot turkey sandwiches with gravy (CP)

I also think that if I parcooked the pasta, and had the sauce in the roaster, I could just toss the parcooked pasta into boiling water for 3 minutes and have dinner done in under 20.

1 comment:

  1. Barb, I'm planning a Crock Pot Festival over on my cooking blog -- I KNOW you must have a great recipe or two. Please share -- Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...