• 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups bread flour
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
• 2 medium onions, sliced and quartered
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 cup butter
• 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
• 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting.
When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly greased 12-in. pizza pan; pat into a 10-in. circle. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in the Italian seasoning; cook 1 minute longer.
Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make deep indentations 1 in. apart in dough. Top with onion mixture and cheeses. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.