Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts

Barb at Bless Us O Lord recently posted her new favorite Brussels Sprouts recipe.  It looks delicious, and I'll definitely try it.  It's a little more complicated, though, than the recipe I've been using lately.  Just something I came up with on my own.  I like it a lot--but I like my brussels sprouts plain and simple.

Olive oil for the pan
Fresh brussels sprouts (6 per serving)
Salt and pepper to taste (I use kosher salt and freshly-ground pepper)

Use a skillet with a lid for this recipe.
Cut brussels sprouts in half (quarters if they're large).
Add brussels sprouts to pan and stir.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Allow to cook without stirring or turning for about 5 minutes or until they begin to brown nicely on one side.  Turn brussels sprouts and put the lid on the pan.  Steam them for another 5 minutes or so, until cooked through.  They will be tender but not limp.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same recipe that calls for baking the b. sprouts. I like the method in the pan better I think. It's low carb, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give these a try. I bought some frozen Brussel sprouts (the new steam in the bag kind) yesterday and unfortunately they were pretty bad. I guess fresh is the key to good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...