Sunday, February 08, 2009

More on the Sourdough

I made some more sourdough bread today. I did divide it into 2 loaves and after about 45 minutes they were already at the top of the bread pans. BUT then my husband wanted to go out to dinner (surprise!) and to leave NOW. So I put some oiled plastic wrap over the bread and slid the pans (carefully!) into the refrigerator and CROSSED MY FINGERS! 2 1/2 hours later, we came back and I took the pans out to warm up a bit while preheating the oven, and then baked as usual.

Did not get to experiment with any egg wash on the crust this time. The refrigeration does not seem to have done any damage to the finished bread.

2 comments:

  1. How much do you feed the starter once you use what you need in a recipe. Maybe I missed that somewhere. If you take out a cup of starter do you replace it with cup of flour and cup of water?????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's exactly what you do.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...