Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Citrus Chicken with Carrots

I used to make this ALL the time when Big Brother was a little kid. It's great with rice. I can't even think of how long it's been since we've had this, and I don't know that my younger 2 kids have ever eaten it! I'm glad I still had the recipe.

1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 boneless chicken breasts, split
1/2 stick butter
2 carrots, julienned
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons rosemary
2 tablespoons parsley

Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.

Combine flour and pepper in a container, then put chicken into container. Cover tightly and shake until chicken pieces are coated in flour.

Melt butter over medium heat in skillet. Add chicken and carrots. Cook on medium-high 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add juice and rosemary and cook 2 more minutes or until the liquid thickens into a nice sauce.

Serve over rice. Top with parsley.

Source: HomeMade Memories by Maria Littauer

NOTE: That made about 2 adult and 1 toddler serving. Now I need to double the recipe, except for the butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...