Great Big Gingerbread Cake: a recipe for parents and kids to make together
1 cup sugar
1 stick margarine, softened
½ cup molasses
1 cup boiling water
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups flour
1 tbl cinnamon
½ tbl ground ginger
½ tsp allspice
- Grease a 9X13 pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment or waxed paper. Turn the oven on to 350.
- Mix together the sugar and margarine in a big bowl.
- Ask a grownup to pour the boiling water in the big bowl. Mix it in.
- Add the molasses to the big bowl and mix.
- Mix together the baking soda, baking powder, flour, and spices in a smaller bowl. You can use a chopstick to mix it up!
- Slowly pour the flour mix into the bigger bowl. Stir it in until all the lumps are gone.
- Crack 2 eggs into the big bowl and mix it up.
- Pour the batter into your baking pan.
- The batter will be very bubbly!
- Ask a grownup to put it into the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- You can eat this cake warm or cold.