Thursday, March 03, 2011

Product Review: Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener

I'm a longtime fan of Purex laundry detergent, but I figured that they had their work cut out for them when they asked me to review the newest addition to the Purex product line: Purex Complete Crystals Fabric Softener. You see, I don't usually use liquid fabric softener in the wash, preferring to use a dryer sheet.  This is fine in winter when I'm using the dryer for most of the laundry, but now that the weather is getting warmer, I'm bringing more clothes outside to hang on the clothesline.  Fresh air is great for laundry, and a spring breeze dries the clothes quickly, but they also turn stiff as a board if you haven't added fabric softener to the wash.  My children are not fans of rock-hard T-shirts. 

Unlike other fabric softeners, these crystals are not oil-based, and they don't have to be added at a different point in the washing cycle. Purex Complete Crystals can safely be used on things that traditional fabric softeners shouldn't be used on:  towels, athletic clothing, and infants' and children's sleepwear.

I tried the Purex Complete Crystals in three different ways:  in a load of laundry that was hung on the line, in a load of laundry that included towels, and in a third load that was dried in the dryer without a dryer sheet.  While I didn't notice any difference in softness vs. using a dryer sheet with the laundry, the big difference came when I took the clothes outside.  The line-dried load was much softer than my usual results from line-drying.

Purex Complete Crystals come in three scents.  I tried the Fresh Spring Waters scent.  My husband and I both thought that the scent was quite strong--even after line-drying the clothes.  Normally I use unscented detergent and dryer sheets, so we are not used to scent on our clothing.  My daughter, who loves perfumes of all kinds, thought the scent was terrific.

To learn more about Purex Complete Crystals and how they work, visit the Purex website.

I reviewed this product as part of the Purex Insider Program. I received a product sample and a coupon for a free full-size product as the sole compensation for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...