Saturday, May 01, 2010

Roasted Potatoes, inspired by Cindy

The original recipe for these potatoes is on the MomsMenu with Cindy blog.

I made a few changes to the recipe, partly because of personal tastes (some people in this house are anti-Parmesan; others are anti-onion), partly because of what I had in the house, and partly because I was cooking in a roaster oven.

So here it is, as I made them. They were good! Definitely a keeper!

1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into wedges or cubes (I didn't weigh the potatoes; I used 3 small ones and 4 big ones to serve 4 people).
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp tarragon
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp kosher salt

Heat the 4- to 6-qt. roaster oven to 400 degrees F.

Put the potatoes in a mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients. Toss to coat potatoes.

Spread in preheated roaster oven. Bake, stirring several times, until potatoes are tender and brown, 35 to 40 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I adore roasted potatoes, these sound great Barb!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...