Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pushing It?

This afternoon I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for the 50-cent iced coffee they were offering today (one per customer, please.)

While I was waiting for my coffee and the "new" Cinnamon Twist pastry I couldn't resist (it was REALLY GOOD too) a young man came in and asked the other server for two fifty-cent iced coffees. He was kind of bouncing up and down while he asked, which I thought was a little odd.

The server informed him politely that the offer was one per customer, and then it got a little nasty. The young man rudely told the server that he had been in several other Dunkin' Donuts today and ordered two coffees in each place with no problem. Then he said, "Fine. I'll just get one, go outside, come back in and get the other one."

I think the guy needs to switch to decaf. Clearly he has had at least 4 iced coffees already today if he's been in more than one other store today. He was bouncing up and down and getting a little aggressive.

And I think it's kind of unfair of him to expect more than one of the deal. If my daughter had wanted a coffee too, I'd have made her come into the store and get her own. But maybe that's just me. So what do you think? Is it rude to ask for more than one of a "one per customer" deal when there's only one customer? I think there's frugal, and then there's crossing a line.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I do think it's rude. Besides, it's coffee. It's not like it is something necessary to his survival, even if he is experiencing economic difficulties and wants to score some super cheap coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he was being very rude! There is frugal and there is being cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree it was very rude. Although I will admit that I have myself tried to use two coupons LOL but I never caused a stink about it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...