Sunday, March 11, 2012

This Space Available

How big is your kitchen?  Mine is 10 x 10, which, for the record, is not large enough to hold appliances and seat a family of 5 for dinner.

There are more appliances in my possession than there is space to store them in this tiny room.  Current inventory of the kitchen includes (besides the stove, refrigerator and dishwasher):

  • coffeemaker
  • toaster oven
  • toaster
  • stand mixer
  • bread machine
  • slow cooker
  • immersion blender
  • rice cooker
  • 4-quart Nesco roaster
The dining room houses some of the overflow:  3 larger Nesco roasters (6, 12 and 18 quarts), one of which doubles as a breadbox.

And hanging out down in the basement are my infrequently-used but not inessential other items:
  • blender
  • food processor
  • round Crock-Pot
  • electric skillet
  • combination slow-cooker/small electric griddle
  • waffle iron
  • coffee urn
  • tomato mill
What I really need is a walk-in equipment room, preferably on the same level as the kitchen.  I'll put that on my wish list for my next house, if we ever move again.  But I'd probably need a whole moving truck just for the cookbooks and small appliances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...