Saturday, March 06, 2010

Meal-Planning Miscellaneous

In the past week or so I have seen a couple of really delicious-looking pasta recipes over at Amanda's Cookin'. That got me thinking: I'd love to plan a Pasta Week. Of course, that might have to wait until my husband goes out of town on business, because he's not the biggest fan of pasta.

I might feel differently about cooking more pasta after tonight's Cub Scout Blue and Gold Dinner. I'm doing the cooking--and it's spaghetti and meatballs. I bought bagged meatballs (bless me, Father, for I have sinned) but I refuse to buy jar sauce. I'll be heading over there in a few minutes to start the sauce in 2 Nesco roasters. Homemade sauce really only takes minutes to put together, and then the longer you let it simmer, the better it will be.

This coming week, Big Brother will be out of town from Tuesday through Saturday, on the senior-class trip. That means I'm only cooking for 4, and my Most Appreciative Eater won't be here. Also, he'll give me a guilt trip if I make any of his favorites in his absence.

Oh, I tried Tami's Greek Potatoes last night and they were a hit all around. My husband usually puts ketchup on any roasted potatoes I make, but he didn't this time. I'll make these again, probably soon! They were a great side item for baked fish.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the hint on Tami's potatoes, going to check those out! Good luck with the blue and gold, been there, done that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! My kids will actually eat a few pieces of potatoes if they're cooked this way. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...